Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

June Bugs Mitts and Leafies

My very first very own design is here! Just simple lacy mitts, but turned out cuter than I expected (if I may say so myself), and I can’t wait for the weather to get colder, so that I can finally wear them :lol: Right now we are having an almost Indian summer here. As for the pattern, I’ve sent it to be tested, hopefully, the numbers will not turn out too small…
And here are my babies: 
DSCN2176DSCN2175 
DSCN2168DSCN2169
I’m especially pleased by the details – the fold-in edge makes them look pretty different from the usual mitts. I ADORE picot edge. But it’s so much Reading Mitts, if you know what I mean. And they will fir wonderfully my Swallowtail Shawl in the same yarn!
DSCN2171
Now about other things: I have a pair of socks on my needles, that I also want to turn into a pattern. Once again, with lace. I just can’t keep my fingers from all things lacy! Maybe, it’s because  I don’t live in THAT cold climate anymore. You can afford some ventilation in your garments once in a while, even in winter.
However, here are the Leafies: usual top down sock, eye of partridge heel (heel flap). But the colour is wonderful – deep green, unfortunately, not shown all that well on the picture. They will go to a friend of mine in Mexico. I have to confess, I was surprised to know that, but she occasionally freezes there, especially in the winter.
DSCN2099       DSCN2093

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...