Thursday, July 28, 2011

First patchwork attempt_Complete


I’ve finished my very first patchwork pillows yesterday night! Since I’m not very mathematically gifted, the process involved quite a lot of trimming, but the end result is not too lame, if I may say so myself. The idea of colour arrangement is my own (to say I DESIGNED them is far too much, I think – they are so simple, after all, but still a pat on the shoulder).To stabilize the fronts a bit (the pillows are somewhat wobbly) I used the iron-on interfacing, it does help. I would have LOVED to quilt them, but I have no walking foot (yet), and I didn’t want to do the first-time quilting with the regular foot. Well, there will be more pillows in the future!The back of the pillows are dark grey, with simple envelope closure.
I’m only wondering now how long it will take before some spot appears on this white sashing… There’s already some amount of cat hair adhered, in any case. Selma seems to like the pillows, she’s slept close to one with the checkerboard pattern (my favourite too!) all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...