Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Creative Space_Colour Purple



Some simle and still so lovely sewing: small fragrant lavender sachets, with lace on top, in pale lilac. I'm not the biggest fan of such pastel colours, and know almost no one who is, apart one friend of mine. She looooves purple in many shades. Good excuse to make something in this colour! And also an excuse to try my hand at sewing linen. Oh, linen, how I love thee! (though I think you are a bit of a pain in the butt to sew, my pieces, though so tiny, kept shifting). But the end result is wonderful and spreads such a tender smell. For myself, I am picturing lemongrass sachets :)



And here is some planned sewing: kitchen towels in waffle for myself, just plain towels, only to be hemmed, and linen for my Mum, with some Alpine charm borders; a stripy tote from Sew Mama Sew! tut (like a prisoner, remarked my husband about the fabric).

As for the plastic pockets for my sewing-to-do, it's my latest AHA-experience concerning my sewing projects organisation. If I find the time to do some cutting during my son's nap, I put then the cut parts in plastic pockets together with a post-it, wriitng the name of the project and some notes to myself (like Don't forget the hanging tags!; no, I don't think this counts as talking to oneself).


Linking up to www.ourcreativespaces.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...